Hypothetical situation: You need to assume control of antivirus services for a legitimate business reason. What do?
Here's the easy way. No support request needed, and nothing destructive is going on.
- Install SQL Express Management Studio, connect to the local SQL server, usually "SERVER\SQLEXPRESS"
- Drill down to your "ePO_SERVER" database, go into Tables, and scroll down to UserTable. Right-click on it and go to "Open Table".
- You will see a list of the current ePO users. Find the "admin" user, and copy the current contents of the Password cell into something like Notepad, and save it in your records.
- Replace the Password with the following:
- Click into another row to commit the change. Log into the ePolicy console using login "admin" the password "epo".
- Create a new administrative user, log out of the console, and re-save the original admin password if your efforts need to retain the original password.